Thursday, April 14, 2011

We are His

The Psalmist Fred Hammond writes, “What is man that Thou art mindful of him?”  Psalm 8:4 KJV … Could an Awesome God find common ground within?  Just to know that You delight to be with me, it fills my heart with so much Joy.  Perfect and true – Pure in all Your ways, Oh Lord there is none else like You… No one like You!  And all these things keep me in Awe of You, for I’m overwhelmed that You would call me friend.   I believe that I understand what the Psalmist is saying here.  I too. have wondered this - because God is so huge that words cannot describe Him, how can He be mindful of little ole me?  In Genesis 1:27, God said that we were created in His image.  Therefore, I must believe that even though He created millions and millions of people, He still has time to be concerned about me, His child. So much so, that He sent His Only Begotten Son (now our Joint Heir) to save us from this world of sin.  Not only was Jesus the ultimate sacrifice, but He agreed (Rejoicing – He agreed!), and chose to do the Will of His Father (our Abba Father) and die for our sins.  Even if we had one million tongues, we would still not be able to thank Him enough!  My friends, this is the reason that God is so mindful and cares so much for us … simply, we are His. 

No comments:

Post a Comment