Sunday, April 24, 2011

Hallelujah! Christ is Risen!!!

“Don’t be alarmed,” he said. “You are looking for Jesus the Nazarene, who was crucified. He has risen! He is not here. See the place where they laid Him. But go, tell His disciples and Peter, ‘He is going ahead of you into Galilee. There you will see Him, just as He told you.” -- Mark 16:6,7 NIV…  I often wonder what it would have been like in the Biblical times that we read of in the Holy Scriptures.  Would we have had to courage like Mary Magdalene, Mary the mother of James, and Salome to run and tell the Disciples what they had just witnessed as the Angel of God told them to do?  I am honored that even though I did not physically witness this, I know without a shadow of a doubt that Jesus Christ indeed is Risen and that He Lives!  As the hymnist, Alfred H. Ackley writes, “He lives! He lives! Christ Jesus lives today! He walks with me and talks with me along life's narrow way. He lives! He lives! Salvation to impart! You ask me how I know He lives? He lives within my heart!”  I am so glad about it today!  Because Christ died for us, we can live eternally with Him! Hallelujah and Amen!! He is Risen!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment