Sunday, June 19, 2011

I Love You, Abba


As a deer pants for flowing streams, so I long for you, O God. – Psalm 42:1… We were born into the world longing to be with God.  He is our Creator and the source of our strength.  Even when we fall away, He welcomes us back with open arms.

I have been so Blessed to have an earthly Father, who I can honestly say is the Best Father that God could have ever Blessed me to have.  He personifies a Godly Father.  Even though I now am grown, my Father still prays for me every single day.  My Father He is Godly by his walk with God and the Unconditional Love that he has for his family.  Our Heavenly Father is his example. 

Just as our earthly Father longs to protect us; our Heavenly Father longs for us to come to Him.  When I was young, I can still remember running to my Father and jumping up in his arms.  I cannot describe it; many of you also know this feeling… it is a feeling of comfort, care and protection. 

This is also how I feel with God, as I am constantly growing in Him.  Out of obedience, you just want to please Him and do His will - you long to know His ways and be more like Jesus.  When you have been in the valley and you have known that only He could been the one to bring you out, you want to Praise Him even more.  Even for the Fatherless, the Lord promised that He would never leave or forsake us and for that I am eternally grateful and say, “Father I truly thank you”.

No comments:

Post a Comment